Living Language Dothraki is officially on sale today! You can buy it at any bookstore, or go to the official site to buy it here. I got mine in the mail last week.
The feeling is pretty overwhelming. A lot of folks worked very hard on this, and a lot of stuff happened behind the scenes to make this day a reality. We all have HBO to thank for this. They’ve allowed a community to grow around this language, and they gave the green light to this book. Now you can take a look at it yourselves, and I hope you enjoy it!
I’m going to be in New York all week, and will be posting updates on Twitter. My remaining schedule for the coming months looks like this:
- October 7th: Living Language Dothraki is on sale at an independent bookstore near you!
- Word Bookstore, Jersey City, NJ, October 8th: I’ll be doing an event and signing at Word in Jersey City at 7:30 p.m. (note: there are two stores, one in Brooklyn and one in Jersey City. Be sure not to confuse the two!).
- Lansdowne Road, New York, NY, October 10th: Living Language is hosting a happy hour at Lansdowne Road where they’ll be giving away prizes for people who want to come and practice their Dothraki. It’s near the NYCC convention center for those who are in the neighborhood for the convention.
- New York Comic Con, New York, NY, October 9-12: I’ll be on two panels on Sunday the 12th: Dothraki 101 at 11:15 a.m. in 1A24 and How A Game of Thrones Changed Fantasy…Or Did It? at 1:15 p.m. in 1A05. The latter panel features some names you may have heard of if you read fantasy, e.g. Patrick Rothfuss, Robin Hobb, Garth Nix, etc. (Totally not kidding. Check it out!)
- Book Soup, Hollywood, CA, October 14: I’ll be doing an event and signing at Book Soup in Hollywood at 7 p.m.
- Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego, CA, October 17: I’ll be doing an event and signing at Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego at 7:30 p.m.
- San Diego Comic Fest, San Diego, CA, October 17-19: I’ll be doing three panels at San Diego Comic Fest this year: “Conlanging: The Art of Language Invention with David J. Peterson” at 2 p.m., Saturday, October 18th; “Dothraki 101 with Language Developer David J. Peterson” at 5 p.m., Saturday, October 18th; and “1984: Warning or Instruction Manual” at noon, Sunday, October 19th. If you’re in the SD area, this is a great local con. Check it out!
- Orange County Public Library, Tustin, CA, October 22nd: I’ll be doing an event and signing at the Tustin library right near my home at 7 p.m.
- Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas, NV, October 24-26: Panel information coming soon!
- Mission Viejo Public Library, Mission Viejo, CA, October 28th: I’ll be doing an event and signing at the public library in Mission Viejo at 7 p.m.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, November 10th: I’ll be giving a talk at Colorado College at 7 p.m. (more details to come).
- The Tattered Cover, Highlands Ranch, CO, November 11: I’ll be doing an event and signing at the Tattered Cover in Highlands Ranch at 7 p.m. (Note: Be sure to note the location, as there are several Tattered Cover stores in the Denver area!)
- Books, Inc., Mountain View, CA, November 14: I’ll be doing an event and signing at the Books, Inc. in Mountain View at 7 p.m. (Note: Be sure to note the location, as there are several Books, Inc. stores in the Bay Area!)
- Kepler’s Books, Menlo Park, CA, November 15th: I’ll be a part of a group of other sff authors at Kepler’s Sci-Fi Fantasy Day. It’s going to be from 1-5 p.m. and feature a number of interesting talks and panels. My Dothraki event will be at 2:30 p.m. Please note that this is a ticketed event (tickets are $10 and can be purchased here), but a ticket grants you admission to the entire day’s events.
If you’re going to be near any of these places, please come say hi. Otherwise, thanks for following the blog the past few years, and for helping to make this day a reality!